The Kronberg Academy Master's program prepares highly talented violinists, violists, and cellists for an international career as a solo performer. The students receive instruction from internationally renowned artists, enabling them to attain a very high technical and artistic level. During the course they develop an interpretative, creative, and highly educated form of expression and learn to understand the theoretical, historical, and cultural aspects of music and to play alone or with others. The study environment nurtures their artistic, intellectual, and social skills. After successfully completing the academic year, students graduate with a Master of Music (M.Mus.) degree.
Study & examination regulations (in force since 31.7.2015), in German
- Program begins: winter semester
- Regular duration of the program: 2 semesters
- Degree: Master of Music (M.Mus.)
- Credit Points: 60 CP
- Language: German
- A requirement for admission to the examination is normally previous participation in international competitions, master classes or chamber music projects organized by or associated with the Kronberg Academy.
- Admission to the MA phase of the program requires the successful completion of the BA phase or passing an entrance examination as stipulated by §3 (in this case the level of difficulty of the examination reflects the requirements for the final examinations of the BA phase).
Program director / Subject advisor
Prof. Susanne Stoodt