The Bachelor's program prepares highly talented violinists, violists, and cellists for an international career as a solo performer. The students receive instruction from internationally renowned artists, enabling them to attain a very high technical and artistic level. During the course they develop an interpretative, creative, and highly educated form of expression and learn to understand the theoretical, historical, and cultural aspects of music and to play alone or with others. The study environment nurtures their artistic, intellectual, and social skills. After successfully completing two academic years (BA phase), students graduate with a Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.) degree.
Study & examination regulations (in force since 31.7.2015), in German
- Program begins: winter semester
- Regular duration of the program: 4 semesters (Bachelor's degree)
- Degree: Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.)
- Credit points: 240 CP (Bachelor's degree)
- Language: German
- Applicants for the degree program must have a sufficient knowledge of German (TestDaF level 3, certificate B1 (GER), DSH exam level 1 or Deutsches Sprachdiplom, KMK level 1).
- A requirement for admission to the entrance examination is normally previous participation in international competitions, master classes, or chamber music projects organized by or associated with the Kronberg Academy.
- To enter the BA phase of the program applicants must pass an entrance examination stipulated by §3.
Program director / Subject advisor
Prof. Susanne Stoodt