A Master's degree program builds on the first professional qualification and leads to a further, more specialized professional qualification. It aims to deepen and expand the skills acquired during the Bachelor's program. Applicants for a Master's degree program must have completed a university degree program at a music conservatory or a comparable higher education institution in Germany or abroad and have passed an entrance examination.
The standard period of study for Master's programs in performance is normally two academic years (4 semesters). The programs lead to the degree of Master of Music (M.Mus.) or Master of Arts (M.A.).
The HfMDK currently offers the following Master’s degree programs:
• Choreography and Performance
• Classical Voice (Concert/Opera)
• Historical Interpretation Practice
• International Ensemble Modern Academy
• Church Music
• Chamber Music
• Kronberg Academy
• Instrumental Studies (Focus: Performance)
• Educational Science in Music
• Performing Arts and Music Management
• Contemporary Dance Education MA CoDE
The links above lead to short and detailed descriptions of the programs and descriptions of the application procedures.